Hadih/ Hello friends!

I am excited for you to come and experience my education journey alongside me on the beautiful land of the Lheidli T’enneh. This blog will follow my thoughts, opinions and learning experiences as I obtain my Bachelor of Education.

My name is Karlea Simmonds, I am an education student who currently holds a Bachelor of Commerce focused in Marketing. I have experience with youth through my time as a nanny, Youth Care Worker and Indigenous Education Worker. My passion lies with harm reduction and meeting youth where they are at. I understand that people come from diverse backgrounds, and feel that there needs to be more space for healing in the classroom.

I am born and raised in Prince George, and I currently reside in a rural area at the edge of city limits. Some of my favourite things include gardening, taking my dog for a walk and reading. I spend a lot of time on my deck soaking in the precious minutes of the sun while they last. I am excited to begin giving back to my community through education and hope you all enjoy following along.

Snachailya/ I am thankful for you